Tuesday, October 4, 2011
STG 26.2
Completed my second marathon last weekend. It was tough and hot! The mountainous hills did a number on my legs. Currently, I'm trying to recover and walk down the driveway and stairs without a gasp of "Ouch". I love my support! Danny gave me the biggest hug despite my whiffiness. Thank you to my mom who brought my motivation (the kids) to the finish line. Each time I do something like this, I always say, "Why am I doing this to myself?", but afterwards, it is all worth it to accomplish a task as adventurous as this. I did ask Colin if I came in first, and the room roared with "nooo" from all three kids. Then Colin said, "You came in 5th mom!". Gotta love em.
Why? My best friend Allie from North Pole Alaska wanted to run this race, and inquired... I ended up running with her and training via technology (facebook, IMapmyrun) for this marathon. Thank you Allie! It was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment