Friday, February 20, 2009

Runner Gal



I wanna talk about running today. In the past I never considered myself a runner. For much of the last 7 years, I would get out there every so often just to exercise and clear my head. Lately, however, I have really discovered running, and it has become me. There is something out there in the fresh, crisp mornings that rejuvenates me and helps me feel and be better. What happens if I don't run? My day is lazy, I feel overwhelmed, I feel more exhausted, and just not "in tune." What happens when I do run? I start the day without children waking me up, fill my lungs with fresh air, and love the fact that half of the valley is still sleeping while I pound the pavement, concrete, and dirt by their homes. My favorite time of the morning is running up the overpass on Ave H when the sun is just coming up. The sky is tinted with a little color and the air gets a few degrees cooler. How do I do this? I have a couple dedicated runner partners, Cindy and Pei. Cindy is a stay-at-home mom with two boys. She has kept me going and we have been able to accomplish our goals together. Pei is a physician, and a mother of one boy. She runs for health, and strength. Thank you for my great dear friends, and thank you God for my legs, lungs, and strength.

3 comments:

3stockdalekids said...

I wish I could go running with you guys, but I'm not an early morning gal, and what to do with the kiddos. Luck you!

Faires Bears and Toads said...

Good for you! I admire your endurance! I need to catch your spirit!

Dave and Cindy, and then some... said...

I love it! I've been thinking of doing a running blog post too, especially now that we're so close to double digit miles! I'm so thankful to have you as my running partner too!